Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Hi Everyone

I have nothing specific to say, just that I've missed blogging and I'm ready to come back. I keep thinking that I can't blog until I have time to sit down and go through all the wedding photos. That may not happen for a bit (maybe this weekend...maybe not). So, here I sit at my work computer, ready to go home for the day and I just was hit with the need to blog.

So... hi. I've been sporadically reading everyone's blogs, so I'm somewhat up on your lives. Here's the basic 411 on me.

Married-loving it

Hoping to have my condo ready to list by Friday (fingers crossed)

Things at the new (Rick's) place are shaping up and I'm feeling almost organized.

I'm commuting now from Orem to SLC every day. Not ideal, but not as bad as I thought it would be.


Actually, leaving my condo has been harder than I thought. I'm giving up the space that has been my space for the last 11 years. I've made it just how I want it, including my new kitchen. And now I'm just turning it over to a stranger who will redo everything anyway. I've also loved living downtown- as I've mentioned before. I do like the new neighborhood and it is nice to have a warm neighborhood feel instead of a sterile condo building. I will not miss sharing property with strangers! (People are crazy.) Also on the plus side- where I loved coming home and having my space, it is also nice to go home to people who are excited to see me. Rick is the cutest thing ever and usually has dinner ready by the time my long trek home is over. So, as I've learned over and over, life is trade offs. I gave up one thing for another, and it's a good thing.

I was talking to a friend the other day about how stressed I was with all this change coming into my life. When I moved back to Utah from Colorado in 1996, I freaked out buying my condo. I did not want to plant roots. I loved being able to pick up and go whenever I wanted. I thrived on change. Since that time, I have become comfortable in my life. Not many changes and not many complaints. Good job; good home; fun trips; great friends; steady, stable life. Last fall the idea of all this change freaked me out. Now that I'm in the middle of it, I remember why I loved change so much. It is invigorating. Nice to know I can get out of my comfort zone (more than just for a few weeks traveling somewhere new) and find joy in new things.

Alright- hopefully I'll get some pictures posted and the wedding wrap up on here in the next week.

4 comments:

Jill said...

Hey! Great to see that you are alive and thriving in the married world. How awesome would it be to have dinner ready when you get home!! I love it when I don't have to cook. What a sweet guy. :) Bummer on the commute though...do you listen to Books on Tape..(or CD)? It's a great way to pass the time!!!

Betty Grace said...

NPR and BBC radio keep me company mostly. I'm feeling very informed these days. :)

Angie said...

Aren't husbands the greatest when they have dinner ready for you when you get home :) I have to drive from Lehi to Murray, not quite as long of a commute. The drive is never quite that bad unless there is a huge snow storm!

Heidi P said...

It was a good update. Just think of the commute with the top down.. awww....