Thursday, September 10, 2009

the new house

Here are few pics from the new place. We will start with Zane's room (simply because I'm tired of trying to rearrange photos on this stinking Mac).

We went with modern masculine with a hint of Asian influence. We still have a cool mirror and some art to hang up.
This is the view from Zane's bedroom window. It's beautiful at sunset!

Please ignore clutter. Zane has not completed his chores yet this week.

Isaac's room. (also has great view). He has glow in the dark stars on the ceiling and on the canopy part of the bed so when it's dark it looks like the stars are floating.

We also did a magnetic wall in Isaac's room. Then we bought a bunch of magnetic poetry and magnetic children's stories. We've missed many bedtimes because we all end up in Isaac's room coming up with wacky sayings.

Here are some before and after shots.

Main living room. The carpet was so stained and disgusting.
We love the color. It's called something like Morning Mist Gray but it looks more of a subtle green. I have to say that I don't like the brown carpet as much as I thought I would. It's so hard to tell how one little inch square of carpet will look through the whole house. Rick and the boys really like it, so 3 out of 4 isn't bad. :)

Master bedroom before. (Yes, I think it's kind of scary having a door to the outside in my bedroom)

We went with a grape colored accent wall in the bedroom (hoping it would make up for the lack of headboard at least for now). We like it. Once we get the art up, I'm really going to love the bedroom. It's on the main floor, as is the laundry room, which is so convenient.

Here is the kitchen. This is the before picture, however, we didn't really change it much. A fresh coat of paint, but basically the same. If you stand at the sink, you are looking into the main living area. I LOVE the open floor plan.

So there is a sample. Come visit us to get the full tour! We love having people drop by.

4 comments:

Afton said...

Cool! I love Isaac's bed. I want one! I think the carpet looks great.

Anonymous said...

Isaac loves his bed too. We were going to buy the boys new twin beds then realized we each had fairly new queen beds from when we were single. Zane and Isaac were stoked for the bigger, nicer beds.
Betsy

sean z said...

Regarding the shot of Zane's room: That ain't clutter!

Sean said...

sorry, * is me, Sean Z.