We had something going on every night this week and multiple things many of the nights. Isaac finished Spring soccer. We are so proud of him for getting out and trying something new. He made a goal (which is great since he mainly played defender) and his skills and confidence really improved. Most importantly, he had a lot of fun. Here are a few shots from a game.
My camera has a big delay so it's hard to get a good action shot.
Zane had both his play performance and choir performance this week. Zane, who seems to like a lot of attention everywhere but from his parents, surprised us with a speaking part in the play. When I asked before, he said he just was a guy in the background. His role was small but he was the comedian in his scene and very funny.
He also had a solo in the choir concert. They did a rock concert which was fun. It was mostly a Beatles tribute, and they had a rock band accompany them. Zane had a verse in Paperback Writer. We are proud of him and his talent.
I can't believe we have a full school year behind us in our new house. I think the change was good for the boys to get them out of their comfort zone, even though the transition was a bit rocky. Isaac told me this was one of his favorite school years. That made me happy. I've been impressed with his school and teachers this year. He is changing schools again next year to be in the accelerated program. He is excited about it and really wanted to be in the program. (My only problem with the accelerated program is that they often put the programs in the poor-preforming schools; apparently it brings up their test score average. His new school is in sort of a ghetto neighborhood. Isaac is the most pure and innocent kid ever so I worry about him and the affects a harsh environment could have on him.)
And finally- we couldn't be ready for summer without Glitter Toes! I held a party at my house last week and Stephanie came over to sparkle us all up. It turned into a kind of mother/daughter evening. Avalon and her friend got matching red sparkly toes and silver sparkly nails.
If you're interested in a glitter toe party- see Stephanie's blog here.
Bring on summer!!
1 comment:
Thanks for the shout out! That was a fun night :) I love the soccer pics, way to go Isaac on scoring a goal! I didn't know Zane had a singing solo too, what a brave kid!
Post a Comment