I liked my sister's comment on my last blog. She said maybe I needed to be the one to host the community event in my neighborhood. Good idea. Instead of complaining, I should do something about what I don't like. Here's the plan.
I've already talked to a neighbor who feels the same and is ready and willing to jump on the bandwagon with me. She said she and her next door neighbor have had similar discussions and they are both wanting to do something about it. So- already three of us ready to go.
Next Halloween, said neighbor will have soup potluck early in the evening, my family will do a spook alley in the garage, and then we will find someone on the street above to do hot chocolate / cider. Families can work their way through the neighborhood with fun and social stops along the way.
In the meantime, I am going to the annual HOA meeting and volunteering to plan some events during the year. I am scared to write that down and commit to it, as I had such a horrible experience on my last HOA board. I'll give it a year and see what happens.
1 comment:
Fabulous! :)
Post a Comment