Here is Steph, Heidi and me. One of my many years as a vampire. This was early 2000's.
That same year's party- it was the first year we got into the big spook alley/haunted maze at mom & dad's. You came out of the maze to the haunted cemetery in the backyard.
This wasn't a party, but I love this photo of the kiddos with their scary masks.
In this photo you can almost see my teeth. It was the year of the bike crash and my teeth were still wired shut. Plus I was finally Medusa- a costume I'd wanted to do for years.

Late 1990's. I had a cemetery party so, of course, had to go with the zombie look. Hum, I may resurrect this one for this year. Sorry about the funky flash glare. I was photographing photos to post.
That same year I went to a ward party. I was in the RS Pres of the singles ward. Here is the Presidency. Of course, I'm Kris. :) We made the bishop dress up as Bosley.

Another late 1990's party. I grew my hair out all year so I could have real buns for the Princess Leah costume. Mom and I freeze-framed the movie to get the details right on the dress.

This is one of my favorite costumes that has shown up at one of my parties. Tara makes a good Mona Lisa, don't you think? And Christy as Leo- very creative.
One of the parties we hosted in Colorado, which would mean 1995 or 1996. Steph did such a great Cher from Clueless.
Another vampire year for me. That's Tim as a bunch of grapes (I believe Kat made that costume) and I think it's Jake Bean in the scrubs.

This was one of my first themed parties. It was a sci-fi party. We built fake aliens who lurked about the room.

We made campy spaceships out of paper plates and bowls and hung from the ceiling with fishing line.

I was Dana Scully. I dyed my hair red for this costume and have never looked back. :) And it's not a party without Eric!

This was one of the last parties I threw and one of my favorites. It was a Hollywood theme and everyone came dressed as their favorite movie star or movie character. I was Doris Day. No, my hair is not blue- it was weird lighting. And that's Robyn as Cher. I think this was about 2004.
Late 1990's. I had a cemetery party so, of course, had to go with the zombie look. Hum, I may resurrect this one for this year. Sorry about the funky flash glare. I was photographing photos to post.
Another late 1990's party. I grew my hair out all year so I could have real buns for the Princess Leah costume. Mom and I freeze-framed the movie to get the details right on the dress.
This is one of my favorite costumes that has shown up at one of my parties. Tara makes a good Mona Lisa, don't you think? And Christy as Leo- very creative.
One of the parties we hosted in Colorado, which would mean 1995 or 1996. Steph did such a great Cher from Clueless.
This was one of my first themed parties. It was a sci-fi party. We built fake aliens who lurked about the room.
We made campy spaceships out of paper plates and bowls and hung from the ceiling with fishing line.
I was Dana Scully. I dyed my hair red for this costume and have never looked back. :) And it's not a party without Eric!
This was one of the last parties I threw and one of my favorites. It was a Hollywood theme and everyone came dressed as their favorite movie star or movie character. I was Doris Day. No, my hair is not blue- it was weird lighting. And that's Robyn as Cher. I think this was about 2004.
4 comments:
Bets,
I want to congratulate you and Rick on your wedding engagement. Brian and I are so excited for you. Lynn told me in an e-mail. Yeah for you. Rick looks like a great man, and someone who treats you like the queen that you are.
Lots of Love,
Jen
Love the pics Betsy. You throw the best parties!!!! Love you!
Those pictures were so fun! It's so nice to know someone who loves Halloween as much as I do. Rob and I need a good couple costume this year. We haven't dressed up together since Mulder and Scully.
Love those pics!! That was fun. Too bad we are all pooped out of those parties, they were awesome!
Your Doris Day was my very favorite!
Post a Comment