Friday, October 31, 2008

Update

Happy my favorite holiday everyone! How I love Halloween. Even though I'm stuck here at work all day, I just can't help being giddy. Maybe the stash of holiday M&M's in my drawer helps. :) Unfortuneately, Rick is working all weekend so I'm heading off to party hop tonight with other friends. I think we'll get a chance to sport the zombie bride and groom costumes again tomorrow night for his work party. Yeehaw or... I mean uuuuuuuuugh (that's a zombie moan).

Speaking of being giddy- here's an update on the wedding plans. The big day is January 16. We will be doing our reception the evening before. Please send me your addresses and relieve my stress level somewhat of all the things I have to do. :) I did decide on a dress which I get it back from the alterations person next week. You can probably drop by my house anytime between then and the wedding and I'll just be wearing it around. :) Now we just need a photographer and invitations. Any suggestions? Oh and fun honeymoon location ideas. Nothing too extravagent or expensive.

I was laughing last night when I was complaining to Rick that my head hurts from all these decisions. I'm just tired of making decisions. He offered to make them, then I realized that I really want exactly what I want, it's just that I don't know what I want. Being a girl can be hard. :) I can't even decide on colors. Really, in the end, not much of these decisions matter. We'll be married regardless of what we wear for our engagement photos. But really that is point. You do all of this craziness for good photos. The decision to get married is made so that's not so stressful anymore (well sometimes it's still a bit stressful), but the details which really shouldn't matter too much are just to have nice photos to remember the day. So, I ask again.... good photographer recommendations? Tell me some fun things you did at your wedding that you loved, or things you wished you did differently?



I figured this was appropriate for both Halloween and the wedding update (I stole this from Pinky's blog- thanks girl!)

7 comments:

kat said...

i agree that it's all about the photos. i wish that i had spent the money there, because before the whole deal that was what i said i wanted, and then i skimped. lame. mag had a good photographer here, but that is CO.

i've seen cool pictures by this utah photographer: http://canlasphotography.blogspot.com/2008/10/ferney-family-san-francisco-nie-nie.html

no idea how much coin though.

Anonymous said...

For invitations here's the site for a place called The Mandate Press. I think they just moved to Draper.
http://www.themandatepress.com/
They do custom letterpress printing. Beautiful stuff.

Heidi P said...

HappY Halloween!! Did you dress up for work?
The only thing I regret is not having a professional do my hair and make up.
Can't wait to see the dress!! :)

calittle14 said...

I would spend the money to get quality photos. We used a guy from Ogden, if you are interested e-mail me. We also went simple and had a dinner for family and friends instead of a reception. We liked that because we were able to talk to those we wanted for more than a few seconds. It was the best way for us to do it. We still had a cake and all that. It was a great, but simple day. Good luck in the preparations. We wish you the best of luck!

Afton said...

Did not like standing in a line for the entire length of the open house and not even getting a piece of my wedding cake. (I know, can you believe it?) Also, I can't remember what kind of food there was because i think I got a cup of punch and a roll the whole night. The thing was that we had an open house so people kept coming and coming and coming the whole night, right up to the very end when it was supposed to be over. So that was a mistake. Open House should equal no line.

A good thing was we went someplace close for the honeymoon, then about a year later we took a fancier trip. We went to Tahoe for the honeymoon, which was nice, but within driving distance and it was low key.

My advice...do NOT, under any circumstances, go to a time share presentation on your honeymoon. No amount of money/helicopter ride/free food is worth it.

Jill said...

I can't wait to see you in your dress!

I have a good friend who is a photographer. You can check out his work at mysweetwedding.com He's pretty artistic with his photos. I love his work.

Good luck with everything!!

Our address is 3463 Winding Creek Ln Riverton Utah 84065

Marna said...

I just found your blog... from kat's...from kari's...anyway...
I am so excited for your upcomming wedding! You deserve the best!
Honeymoon thoughts- Costa Rica to see soe beautiful birds? Tuluim Mexico to see the ruins(our neigbors went tubing from the ruins to the beach and I thought it sounded REALLY unique. I'm probably to late, but thought I'd throw my 2cents in.