Friday, while I was driving home, there was a man dressed in a pink track suit with a pointy bra and a big blonde wig. He was drilling some kind of platform to the back of his bike. I thought, "Halloween or just a local???" I love this thought.
I love living downtown. There actually was a guy who I used to see often downtown who would dress in pink outift (often a mini-skirt) and wear a blonde wig. He hasn't been around for a while though. I'm feeling nostalgic about moving from here. I'll miss the crazy diversity, the homeless guy who yells at a trees, wacky ladies who ask if it's ok if they eat the fruit of the flowering plumb growing on the public corner, etc. etc. Although moving to Orem, it has it own version of crazy which may be a little more subtle but, given the right perspective, could be just as entertaining.
3 comments:
Welcome to Happy Valley!!! Cant wait!! :)
I loved living downtown too. In fact from your description it sounds like the same people I would see when I walked from my office to our apartment including the cross-dresser. Then we would hear the same people yelling to themselves at night and some of their "conversations" would have us giggling. (We were 3 floors up and still heard them perfectly.
Do you remember the guy in Central Park that rode around with that boom box strapped to the back of his bike and it always played "My Way" really loud? I think there was some kind of creative outfit too, but all I can remember is him on his bike weaving lazily in and out of the trees with that music blasting.
I like your take on Orem though. Good attitude.
Post a Comment