Monday, December 8, 2008

Why I Love LMN

Ah... Lifetime Movie Network. I'm a fan. Here's why.

1) Predictable Plot. Often I just have a few minutes at home to eat or relax. I really don't want to get involved in anything that will suck me in. I can flip on a good Lifetime movie and walk away at any time because I know how it will end. In college, I used to joke when I walked in on one of my roommates watching a Lifetime flick. "Is this the my-daughter-is-a-teenage-prostitute or my-abusive-ex-got-out-of-jail-and-I-will-eventually-have-to-kill-him show?" Either way. Always a good laugh.

2) If I ever want to see the beginning or end of a show that I missed, it will replay approximately 187 times in a month. No DVR necessary.

3) Full of B actors from the 80's. I'm sad I can no longer catch a rerun of Charlie's Angels, but never fear, I can get a solid dose of Jacqueline Smith, Cheryl Ladd, and occasionally even Farrah. Do you wonder what happened to Laura Engles? I belive she lost her memory and then fell in love with a mysterious stranger. It's all on Lifetime.

4) It annoys most everyone else in the room. :) I also achieve this with the Osmond Greatest Hits blasting from my ipod. Perhaps this is why I've lived alone for so long.

5 comments:

Stephanie F. said...

Haha! Good post :) What does Rick think of the Osmond's Greatest?

Heidi P said...

Oh great, what a dork I am...I always cry when I watch LMN...

Marna said...

Love your blog! Just found it. I don't know if you check old comments or not- but just posted my honeynmoon thoughts on your Halloween post. And I think you will look stunning in SILVER!

Pinky Lovejoy-Coogan said...

I'm also a big fan of the Hallmark Channel since those are always extra cheesy. Who wouldn't love a movie called "Boyfriend for Christmas?" :)

Afton said...

I suppose you've made some valid points.