Have you all missed the "I love my bike" posts this summer? Me too! Unfortunately, this isn't one of those posts. Rick and I rode up Emigration Canyon last week. It was not fun. I could blame that I didn't eat first, it was hot, my calves kept cramping up so I had to flex my feet hard the whole ride, my tires were a little low on air.... the truth of it is... I'm out of shape! I used to ride up that canyon on mountain bike and, this time, I barely made it on the road bike. I'm a total wimp!
I've been riding about four times this year. Each time had 3-4 weeks in between. Funny how that doesn't seem to work towards conditioning. It did make me determined to get out more. Our new house is on a hill... a big hill, which will mean any biking from home will be killer. This is a good thing.
The one redeeming part of the ride was going down. Ahhhh. Such a great reward. I actually froze at the top. The canyon was shaded and I was wet with sweat. I loved feeling the air temperature change as we sped down. I'd almost say it was worth the climb up. I hope before too long I can enjoy going both directions.
Side note- I also played tennis this week for the first time this season. Tennis does not disappoint. So much fun! (Thank you Rick for playing to my level.) Good times!
1 comment:
Ahh Blogging betsy! I have missed reading your blog. Love it. Can't believe Zane's B day one year ago..a lot has changed!! Fun :)
Post a Comment