Saturday, January 16, 2010

Happy 1st Anniversary

Wow. One year of marriage. It seems longer- just because we've packed so much into one year. Lots of stress and change this year, but honestly, the best year of my life. Here are 10 things I love about Rick:

1. He is a great dad. I'm amazed at how well he knows his kids, how well he handles difficult situations, and all he sacrifices for them.

2. He is very self-aware. I LOVE that Rick is able to look at himself, seeks to understand himself better, and is willing to make changes to be a better person.

3. He can fix/build stuff.

4. Compassionate. He always looks at all sides of an issue and has the ability to remain rational and fair in high stress situations.

5. He takes care of me. Since I've been married to Rick, I have emotional needs met that I didn't even know I had.

6. He'll watch my TV shows with me, even if he doesn't like them.

7. He has great taste in movies. I learned this on our first date when I suggested an indie film at the Broadway and he was excited about it. We try to make it back there every chance we get.

8. He makes the bed-- everyday.

9. He's a smarty pants and loves being back in school.

10. He makes me laugh.

3 comments:

Afton said...

Happy Anniversary! You guys rock. Now when are you coming to Portland?

Jill said...

Wow...that went by fast! :-) He sounds like an awesome guy! You need to turn the blog over to him so he can write good things about you too.:-)

Unknown said...

I've had fun getting to know Rick too. I'm so glad you two are happy :)