Monday, June 21, 2010

Flowers

A year ago this week my dear friend Shari passed away from lung cancer. Shari was known for her beautiful yard, especially the roses and irises in the front yard. Last fall, just after we moved into the new house, I called and asked her family if I could come take some iris starts for my new yard. Never having had a yard before, I was pretty clueless in the where and how to plant department, so I just dug some random holes and hoped for the best.

It has been fun watching them grow this Spring. Since they were no longer blooming when I took the starts, I had no idea what color I was getting. Shari had a wide variety, and I took from various locations in her yard. Here is a photo of what is currently in bloom.


Aren't they pretty. I love coming home every day, seeing the progress of growth and thinking about Shari. It's been such a fun memorial to her and a way to think of her and smile on a regular basis.

3 comments:

Stephanie F. said...

I didn't know you did that. They're beautiful!

Mindy said...

That's touching and lovely! Great job. Iris' rock too.

Mindy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.