Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Where Oh Where is Baby Bear?

A couple of weeks ago, I was pretty sick. I got feeling mostly better after a couple of days, but I had a fever that hung on for two weeks. I finally went to the doctor yesterday. When they took my temperature, it was normal. After checking for various infections (sinus, etc), the doctor asked me what type of thermometer I used. I told her the ear kind. She told me those were unreliable and concluded that I never really had a lingering fever.

I have a hard time believing that my thermometer was that off every time I took my temperature. I actually had Rick take his temperature a couple of times over the last two weeks to check our thermometer and his temp was normal. However, I decided to take the doctor's advice and buy a new thermometer. She said the oral kind were most accurate. I came home and took my temp and it came out.... LOWER than normal. What's the deal? One is too high, one is too low. I need the one that is just right!

THEN...

I'm having foot surgery tomorrow. I had the same surgery on my other foot a few weeks ago. I learned from that surgery that my foot will be too sore to put any weight on it for a couple of days. So I decided to borrow some crutches. I have tracked down two pair. It turns out one is for people 5'10" or taller, and one is for people 5'2" and shorter. I am 5'5"!! Too high, too low- I need the one that is just right.

4 comments:

Jill said...

Good luck on your surgery. If you were 6'5" I would offer Mike's crutches to you. :-( I hope you find some that will work.

Afton said...

You should just hunker down with a stack of books and a pile of chocolate and let everyone wait on you. But I guess the crutches would come in handy for getting more chocolate. And going to the bathroom.

Mindy said...

Well, Merry Christmas to you right? Maybe Santa will bring you some crutches and a thermometer that works. Although if he did that to me I would feel kind of mad.
Good luck.

Mindy said...

OH yea,
While you're laid up you should read The Harvester. I just finished it and really liked it. It would be a good comfort book.