Monday, April 23, 2012

Weekend Report

This weekend was all about SUNSHINE. Rick and I took a nice bike ride. Thanks to the TDF trainer, I was able to go farther with less effort on this ride than any ride last year. (Although, I was a wimp last year so that isn't saying much). I'm looking forward to a fun biking season.

We also did a lot of yard work. I took a few pics of the yard....

Daffodils. They smell lovely.


A few of the tulips that survived the deer this Spring
More tulips- aren't they pretty! I love how full they are.

Here you can see all the tulip stumps. :(  I'm going to sprinkle wildflower seeds here for later season flowers. At the top we've planted some strawberries that we are hoping will spread through the area, act as ground cover, and give us some yummy treats. The area at the bottom of the pic and below is where we planted a variety of ground cover last year that were supposed to spread quickly, although it's still looking sparse.This area is a work in progress.



I'm excited about this. (Can't remember it's name.) It's supposed to grow quite large and is really pretty. I think I'm going to buy one more. Notice the dead hydrangeas. They didn't make it through the winter. :(  I was excited about them last year and don't want to pull them out yet.


Bad exposure on this, but I'm really excited about these- which I also can't remember what they are called. I'll post more pics when they bloom.



No comments: