Monday, April 9, 2012

Spring Break

We are usually stuck at home on Spring Break since Rick's break is not the same week as the boys. Although I don't really like the crowds associated with traveling during holidays anyway. I'd say the week was a success as we had a lot going on.

There was playing: 

 
Before Christmas I found a Groupon for an annual family membership to the Planetarium. We finally activated it and spent a little time there on Monday. 

 
 Star show on black holes. Yes, I have become a zombie.

 
 That day we also checked out the new mall downtown. Amazing. The glass roof opens on warm days. The boys each got a pair of pants from H&M.

  
 Thursday we went to the new Natural History Museum. What an amazing place. I highly recommend a visit. Lot of hands-on exhibits and excellent dinosaur displays.

The building itself is incredible. This is from the upper floor deck that overlooks the valley.



There was family time:

Easter was a little crazy. Saturday morning we went to my mom's for lunch and big family egg hunt.
Zane, Isaac and Katie

Josh
 
Darren brought a RC plane and promptly crashed it into the tree. Will tried to retrieve it. 

All the kiddos with their loot.


Saturday afternoon I hosted (at my parent's house) a "Big Kid" egg hunt. Eggs with cash and gift certificates. We invited the college kids on both sides of the family to join Zane and Isaac. Then we made pizzas on the grill- delish!

I didn't get a pic of Rick's family party. Rick's nieces spent the night with us, then Rick's brother and sister and their families came over on Sunday for dinner and egg hunt for the little kids.


Rick and I went to see Maya's dance recital. (Heidi's dance school). Heidi did such a great job with the kids and Maya dances just like her mama! So pretty.

Maya's tap dance

Heidi and Maya

We did some Spring Cleaning

Zane dusted all of our blinds and Isaac cleaned the window sills/frames. If you've seen how many windows we have in our house, you know this is no small chore. They did a great job!

I cleaned out the pantry. This is before and after. Notice you can see the pantry floor now.
The boys also had a lot of time staring at this:


And playing this:
All in all, a balanced week- fun, family, work, play, and relaxing.

1 comment:

Mindy said...

Looks like you had a good break.