Monday, September 10, 2012

Weekend Report

This weekend I have both a ride report and a hiking report.

Ride Report
I rode home from work Friday. I hadn't ridden in a couple of weeks due to some ... uh.... saddle issues. It felt great to be back on my bike. Rick decided to leave from home at the same time and meet me so we could ride back together.

What he didn't realize was I was racing him. The ride is 22 miles. Rick rides faster than I do and he started going downhill so I was trying to reach mile 10 before we met.

About mile 9.5 I saw him coming. I started waving. He didn't see me. I waved my whole arm frantically and still no response. As he passed I realized it wasn't Rick, just a guy with the same color bike who thought I was a lunatic.

We met around mile 11. (I won - he was delayed leaving but it still counts.) Temps were in the mid 80s which made coming up the hill so much nicer. It was a great ride.

Hiking Report
I've been reading a book about a woman who hiked the Pacific Coast Trail. I was inspired to take the family on a hike. Saturday we headed up Big Cottonwood Canyon to the Dog Lake Trail.

It was about 5 miles round trip and steep enough to be a good workout. We got to the lake, had a snack, and skipped rocks for a bit.

It was a nice family outing. And I'm pleased (?) that my feet didn't hurt as much as my knees. :) I'm inspired to plan some future hikes. Maybe a slot canyon or two.




 

I had to add a cute photo of Josh who, on Sunday at a family dinner, had a fork on one hand and a spoon in another. He filled both up with food and put both in his mouth at the same time. He's so cute. 

No comments: