Sunday, October 14, 2012

Weekend Report

I'm still here. I feel like I've been blogging because I've created a bunch of blogs in my head over the past several weeks, they have just never made it to the computer.

This weekend I went back to Bikram yoga. I was worried my feet wouldn't handle it very well, but I was OK. I went both Friday and Saturday. Friday my feet didn't hurt too much, but my body had a hard time in the heat and intensity of the workout. I knew I needed to go back Saturday or I'd be too sore to walk by Sunday. Day 2 was better on my body as far as handling the heat, but my feet hurt a little more. Overall, it was very cleansing. I am excited to put it back in my weekly workout rotation.

Friday night we were invited to a dinner party at a colleague of Rick's from the U. My first thought was that I'm too old for college parties, but we went and had a wonderful time.

This is Ting. She made a traditional Chinese meal called a Hot Pot. One side had spicy broth and the other sweet. It sat on the table on a small stove. Everyone sat around the table and added meat and veggies. As the food cooked, you take out what you want and put it in your personal bowl which had a little sesame sauce in it. It was a fun and social way to eat dinner. It was also very delicious. We enjoyed trying new types of veggies, like lotus root.




After dinner we learned to play Mahjong, a traditional Chinese tile game. It was a lot of fun. Rick and I won twice.



We spent a lot of Saturday at a fencing tournament. Rick and Isaac participated and had a great time.

They did three separate tournaments. The second one was for Cadets (19 and younger). Isaac took 5th place, which was really good considering he's only been fencing about 4 months and everyone else there had been fencing at least a year and a half.



Sunday we relaxed and recovered. Another fine weekend!


No comments: