Wednesday, January 2, 2013

The Holidays

I haven't had much blogging time, so I'm just going to do a quick photo recap of Christmas.


Zombie Dice was a fun new game that Santa brought our family.

We also got Star Wars for the Kinnect.

Rick got a new tennis racquet.

Rick's dad spent Christmas with us. We gave him a RC airplane.

Isaac scored with all the fixings to build his own computer.

Zane is happy with lots of clothes as well as a remote start for his car. We don't have space in the garage for his car, so he'll enjoy that on cold mornings!


The gift I was most excited to give this year was photo albums for Zane & Isaac. I spent every spare minute the past several months putting them together. I had them open the books on Christmas Eve so we could look through them together. Plus, I couldn't wait any longer. Here are links:

        Isaac's book:  http://rickandbetsylyonsfamily.shutterfly.com/pictures/8
        Zane's book: http://rickandbetsylyonsfamily.shutterfly.com/pictures/9

If those don't work, you can link to them through my Shutterfly share page:    
         http://rickandbetsylyonsfamily.shutterfly.com/

This was my first experience with Shutterfly. It was fun. I'm now working on the wedding book that should have been done years ago.

Since I was behind the camera, I don't have photos of me with my gifts. I got some great clothes, beauty products, and an insulated hose for my camelback so my water doesn't freeze when we cross country ski.

The boys spent Christmas Eve night in the basement together (giving grandpa a bedroom to sleep in). Here they are coming up (in their new pj's from Grandma) to see what Santa left.

The tree on Christmas morning. We tried to scale back a little this year, but it still seems a bit out of control. All of that for just 5 people. Every year when I see this I commit that next year we will do more for others and be happy with less for us.

My sisters and I did a tap dance for our family talent show on Christmas Eve. Link to the video is on my Facebook page. It was fun. We haven't danced together in years.

It was a wonderful holiday season. I have to say it was one of my happiest. I enjoyed every bit of it.

1 comment:

Danielle said...

1. Wish I could have seen the tap dance!
2. I gave Shutterfly books to my family for Christmas too! Love Shutterfly!
3. Living in Arizona, it has never occurred to me that I would need to insulate my camelback so it wouldn't freeze.
4. You rock.