I had Friday off of work and Rick and I took care of a bunch of errands in the morning, then went to see The Host (review in sidebar). Friday night Rick had work to do, so I went shopping with my sister. It was lovely, even considering I resisted buying the world's cutest Easter dress. (I have not-buyers remorse.)
Saturday we had lunch and an Easter Egg hunt at my mom's house. Here are all the kiddos with loaded down baskets of candy.
After, Rick and I went for a bike ride. The first of the season. We drove to Thanksgiving Point and did a loop out to Redwood Road. It was a bit windy, but it wasn't as hard as I was anticipating. We only did about 16 miles, but it was decent workout and felt great to be out on the bikes.
Easter Sunday started with church. It was an excellent Sacrament meeting and a perfect way to start the holiday. After church, Rick's nieces and nephew from BYU came for dinner. We broke out the china. I'm sad to say this may be the first time we've used it since getting married.
After dinner we decorated sugar cookies. Rick was looking at the cookies cutters and thought it was so cute we had a turtle. I had no idea what he was talking about. Pictured below - same cookie cutter, two perspectives.
It was a lovely weekend. Not a lot of down time, but a lot of fun.



1 comment:
Un-buyer's remorse is always permission for me to go back and buy the thing. Because it proves that the thing was not just a fleeting fancy. And this indicates that the item will be long cherished and therefore, a good value.
Post a Comment