Here's my latest product review. I saw an ad somewhere for eSalon. Custom salon-grade color you mail order. It's the happy medium between spending a ton at a salon for hair color and using cheap grocery store color.
I'm cheap when it comes to salons, so I end up doing over-the-counter color which is hit and miss, especially with color choices. I was excited, and a bit nervous to try this.
You go online, answer some questions about your hair and desired color, upload a photo and they ship you your product.
Here is my hair prior to coloring. Roots with some gray. (thanks Rick for photo bomb)
Here is a (sideways) pic of what came. They sent two colors, one for my roots and one for the rest of my hair. I also ordered a maintenance product from them to use after I regularly shampoo to help hold the color.
It's all really cute with my name on every label.
Here's their explanation of the two colors they sent.
The instructions were easy. It came with a brush (you could also order a bowl), two pairs of gloves, and detailed instructions. I didn't use the brush as it also came in bottles that were easy to use (like the grocery store color.) This is the finished color.
I think the color turned out great. I was disappointed with how dry my hair felt.
PRO: This was definitely a higher quality color than the over-the-counter brands. I could tell by how cleanly it washed out. With grocery store stuff I feel like my head is bleeding color for several washes. It was easier to apply than buying from Sally Beauty Supply (I've done that couple of times and used a brush a bowl). The cost is about $30, which is much cheaper than the salon. I'm debating about their maintenance plan. You give them a credit card and tell them how often you color, then they ship you the color on schedule and charge you $20.
CON: As I mentioned, I felt it dried my hair. Usually after coloring, my hair feels really soft. I'm hoping this is remedied by buying a good deep conditioner for colored hair (just order some from Amazon). I like to play around with color. Most people who know me know that I'm rarely the same color twice. They did a good job of matching my prior color, but I would like to be a little blonder-red for the summer. I'm not sure how specific of a color I can get with this service. I'll email them in a few weeks, then decide if I'm sticking with them or not.
Overall, I recommend if you have a standard color. Seems like a good deal and hassle free to be on their scheduled shipment plan.





No comments:
Post a Comment