I'm loving that the weather is nice enough to ride again. I started the bike commute again last week. With my back issues over the winter, I am out of shape. I'm starting slowly. I park at the train station and take Trax into work with my bike, then bike back to the train station after work. It's just over 15 miles.
Biking has made my back hurt a bit. I thought I would try riding my mountain bike instead of my road bike one day because it's a little more comfortable of a position. Bad idea. It felt like I was dragging an anvil the whole way.
Perspective is funny. Before I had my road bike, I rode with a group that did both trail and road riding. I'd take my mountain bike on both. It was no big deal. Now that I'm used to my road bike, I was surprised at how much easier it is to ride on the road with the lighter bike and skinny tires. I was laughing with a co-worker at how funny it is that the purpose of riding is for exercise, yet we do everything we can to make it as easy as possible.
Tomorrow I'm riding both directions from the train station. I've always enjoyed the morning ride to work, more than the ride home and it should only take a few minutes longer than riding the train. Hopefully, in a few weeks I'll be ready to skip the train station all together and brave the big hill up to my house.
1 comment:
I had awful back problems before my mission. I served in a biking mission, and my back pain disappeared. We rode mamacharis, they were like upright beach cruisers. I sat with my back up straight- it must have strengthened my core just enough. Maybe that would help? And I think a basket on front would totally work, too. ;)
Post a Comment