Hey my friends. I need advice on two items.
1) I'm wanting to get rid of chemicals at my house. Any suggestions on natural cleaning products. I'm thinking vinegar/water solution is the answer to a lot. I've read that it may not be good for tile/grout and granite. Suggestions? Also, any ideas for laundry and dish washing?
2) We are heading to Florida for a family vacation next month. We will be staying in Orlando. I know all of you are travel experts and can advise me wisely. Is two days enough for Disney? We are assuming it won't be too crowded mid-May. Has anyone toured Kennedy space center? I think there is a shuttle launch while we are there. Any good suggestion of a good spot to see it? Does anyone know about SCUBA diving in the area? I'm thinking we will have to drive down to West Palm Beach to find decent dive sites. What else is good to see/do? I'm open to any and all suggestions.
7 comments:
Hey Friend,
First off, not sure I sent proper Congrats! You sound very happy.
Second, Been to Disney World a few times and 3 days is what we did each time, one day for each park. Just depends on how much time you want at each location.
I will ask about the launch location, on one trip we were going to be there during a launch as well, but it was postponed.
Lastly, but most importantly, chemical free cleaning, While I have been in Australia I was introduced, and fallen in love, with a chemical free cleaning system ENJO (www.enjo.net). All you need is water and I've been VERY impressed with how clean my house is since switching to it, but more importantly, how easy it is to use. They also carry a line of laundry detergent/dish soap that is very eco friendly.
I have researched US distributors (it is a MLM company) and the closet to UT I have found is a lady in Washington State, Donna Baxter. I am currently contacting her for info as I return to UT in June for good.
it seems i read a lot about borax in the "living green" books. but some of my friends recently went to a "party" (tupperware style) for some microfiber rag treated with silver. the silver is antibacterial and the microfiber cleans - water only sort of thing. wish i could remember the name of the company. i'll ask around. (ed's wife is the one who hosted the party.)
I can hook you up with some free cleaning products. I'm currently testing out some Nature's Source natural cleaners. They are made by the Dow company, but are biodegradable and even the containers are made from recycled materials. OK, not 100% recycled materials. They are all plant based cleaners, although they do contain synthetic fragrance, stabilizer and preservatives. There is window cleaner, bathroom cleaner, all purpose cleaner and toilet bowl cleaner. They have a nice light scent. I don't know how they compare to other plant based cleaners, but I've been very impressed with the job they do.
I also have samples and coupons for a dish soap that is biodegradable and has "no unnecessary chemicals."
e-mail me your address and I'll mail them to you.
As for Orlando...I've never been, but I know 3 days is just about right for Disneyland and Disneyworld is bigger, so...
I often times use baking soda to clean. It works fairly well and is kid friendly :) Also, I saw in a magazine that you can make your own laundry detergent from Ivory soap, washing soda, and borax. The magazine said that the lady used vinegar in the wash instead of fabric softener. I don't know anything more about it. You can also Google up Seventh Generation products...they are a green company that might give you some products to use.
The 'Method' line seems to currently be the shizzle. For windows, Martha -yes, jailbird Martha; I'm currently tivo-ing her show - says 1 part white vinegar to 1 part water. I wonder what else that little mix would clean . . .
Hi- found you from Jill Beardens blog (sorry I was stalking)
just got back from our 3rd trip to Orlando
Our best trip (as far as crowds go) was Mid-May so good job on that one
You can do Animal Kingdom in one day- Magic Kingdom in one day
Epcot in half a day and Hollywood Studios in half a day- if you really push yourselves!We did the 5day hopper pass and that was great
We went to Kennedy- it is a good hour and a half drive from Orlando- on toll roads- but it is really interesting! It will be closed the day of a launch though. There is a town outside of Kennedy Space Center that you can see the launches-but it will be really crowded I hear..You could see the space shuttle rise above the trees from as far away as Gatorland I understand.(We went to Gatorland the day after the last shuttle launch and it was all anyone was talking about). Have a great trip
One tip- go to an Orlando Walmart- they have all the Disney logo stuff at Walmart prices- including Mickey ears, towels, t-shirts etc. It is even cheaper than the Disney outlet stores..there is a Walmart by the entrance to Universal Studios on Turkey Lake Drive- that was the closest we found if you have a gps you can find it easily from Disneyworld!
Thanks for hearing from a weirdo stranger!
Thanks Stacy (and others). that is great info!!
Post a Comment