Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Feeling My Age

I'm loving the Spring weather. Rick and I took advantage last night and did our first official bike ride this season. It wasn't too hard core, pretty mild actually. Just out past the airport and back.
It was so nice to be riding again. The trip was pretty uneventful, except my shoe broke and I couldn't clip in most of the way back. I guess that is what the first ride is for, figuring out what needs to be fixed/adjusted for the season. We'll get everything in order and ready for Dustin's birthday ride on Friday (come on weather hold out for us!)

The previous evening Rick and I did a short run on the track at the rec center while the boys were in a class (Le Parkour- I'll have to blog about that later. It's really cool). So we were already a bit sore when we started the bike ride. Maybe it helped to have that little bit of break-in to Spring training, but I am so sore today. It's like I'm feeling every day of my 40 years. Rick and I were laughing walking down the stairs at the condo last night. We were all contorted trying to find the best way to take each stair with the least amount of pain.

It's supposed to rain today. I'm hoping it's just a day of bad weather then back to the sunshine. We were thinking we'd like to take mountain bikes to the bird refuge this weekend. Good times.

2 comments:

Afton said...

I think I might be sore from Wii Fit's hula hoop exercise. How embarrassing.

Heidi P said...

Great-- you have gone and signed the boys up for FINISHING SCHOOL.

Glad you got to go biking. I was remembering how cute you looked in your tennis gear, wondering if you've played lately...Or just walked around your house in cute hootchie skirt.

Love you.