Everyone LOVES Rick's carrot cake so we made that the base. I made my favorite chocolate cinnamon cake for the top layer. Isaac loves building anything, including Legos, so the theme for the cake was easy.
For his birthday dinner at home, Isaac wanted ribs and mac & cheese. Rick made yummy ribs. We cooked them a few hours in the crock pot in ginger ale, then baked them in BBQ sauce to finish them off. Really good. I made mac & cheese. I'm still looking for a homemade recipe to rave about. I used this one. I'd rate it medium. I halved the recipe which made each of us our own ramakin plus a big pan to eat later.
The next night we celebrated both mine and Isaac's birthdays at my parents. Instead of cake, I asked for banana splits. So we blew out candles in a banana.
Isaac got an ipod nano. His shuffle went through the wash last summer in a pair of his jeans so he really wanted a new ipod, plus he loves making videos to post on youtube. The nano was perfect for him.
I got a variety of bird feeders for our backyard. I'm looking forward to seeing what we attract!
1 comment:
Happy Birthday! I love your red hair- it's gorgeous!
Here's my favorite mac and cheese from Paula Dean
http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/paula-deen/the-ladys-cheesy-mac-recipe3/index.html
Post a Comment