
I love it!
It has Google Maps so you can ride anywhere in the world. The bike tilts with the incline/decline of the road. It's great. And most importantly, my feet will tolerate biking better than any other exercise.
The past several years have been rough for me in the exercise department. Plantar faciitis has pretty much debilitated me. I had surgery to correct it over a year ago, but I still cannot be on my feet for very long. They are slowly getting better, but the inability to exercise has taken its toll both emotionally and physically.
This was the solution. I am happy.
The goal is to ride 2-3 times per week and xc ski on the weekends. (We finally have snow in the forecast-knock on wood.) Interestingly, my feet can tolerate skiing better than anything. I don't know if its because my weight stays mostly on my toes, or that the movement is constantly stretching my feet, but it seems to work. My feet will hurt a bit while I ski, but the pain doesn't linger for days like when I do other physical activities on my feet. Yoga has even caused too much pain. My feet have felt surprisingly good since the ski trip last week, so I'm hoping it's therapeutic in some way, and the more I ski, the better they will feel.
I'm looking forward to a fun winter.
1 comment:
Happy Birthday, Besty! I hope that the foot pain subsides. I've had PF, and I know how brutal it was....hope it gets better!
Post a Comment