Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Red Carpet

I am a big fan of a good red carpet. I had family over on Sunday so I missed the Golden Globes, but have enjoyed the many pics online. Here is a breakdown of some of what I think post-worthy. These are in no particular order. I was too lazy to rearrange them from the order they were uploaded.



I love Tina Fey, but this looks SO 1980's prom dress to me.



Don't hate me, but I love this! I think Tilda Swinton has such amazing style. I'd like to just once see her eyelashes though.



Weird, yes. But I still really like it. Unique and flattering. It is Madonna after all.



Helen Mirren can do no wrong.



This one is growing on me. I first was turned off by the color combo and that kooky bird belt buckle. But I like the shape and texture of it. I'm giving it a thumbs up.



My girl crush disappoints. Not flattering.



Sad sad sad. My worst dressed of the night for sure.



Not a big fan of turquoise, but Heidi Klum always looks fabulous.



Beautiful! She always looks perfect. It would be my best dressed if she didn't pair it with that snotty look on her face.



Not the most flattering dress, but I love Zooey and the dress matches her cute quirkiness.



Best dressed!! She looks flawless. And she's hilarious to boot.



oh Sookie no! I feel like she thinks because she's curvy, she has to look frump.



Adorable!



There was a lot of yellow this year. I loved it.



More yellow. I love how this pops. She has the perfect skin tones for this bright color.



Nicole looks beautiful.



Oh Buffy, what were you thinking? There was also a photo of her at an after party. Apparently, this has a matching jacket. If you thought this dress couldn't get worse, you are wrong. I read that she let her 2-yr-old daughter pick her dress. That explains a lot. I think it's cute to involve the kid, but it seems like a little too much power for a 2 year old. How about, "Here are 3 dresses mommy likes, which one is best." Maybe that is how it went down. If so, I'm back to "What were you thinking?"



Love him. Love the tux. Way to mix it up from the standard penguin suit. I watched his opening monologue online. I was disappointed it was so tame. I'm usually against being mean to get laughs, but something about making fun of big movie stars who are sitting around congratulating themselves really appeals to me.



Who wouldn't want to look like this?



This is tied for best dressed for me. She looks lovely. Perfect dress for her.



Yikes Kelly! The dress is cool color, and I can appreciate a wacky design, but it's all puckered and homemade looking. Even if the dress was a knock-out, the gray hair HAS TO GO. Most of us dye our hair to avoid that color.



I have no idea who this is, but I love her dress.



Pretty color, boring design.



I have to say that I love how so many dresses had sleeves and high necklines. High school girls going to prom take note- Nobody is wearing a strapless mini-dress. Looking like a tramp is not glamorous.



Pretty! One of my favs.



I'm torn on this one. Dragon scales? yet, kinda cool.



I am enamored with the top of this dress. So cool. But the bottom seems like too much to me.



Ick. You are a purple mushroom.

1 comment:

Jill said...

Betsy..you HAVE to come to Spinners next year. We had a real red carpet this year...(it was only like 6 feet long, but still...) We all dress up for our Spinners awards. It's super fun. We are doing it at a church now so there is ample room for anyone who wants to attend. If you don't have plans next New Years you should come...better yet, make a movie of your own and particiapte!! We would love it!