This is a very exciting post. It's my first post using my iPhone and the blogger app.
I hosted book club last night. We read The Forgotten Garden (great book-see review in side bar).
Since a lot of the book takes place in England, I decided to host a tea party for our discussion.
The menu was finger sandwiches (cucumber and cream cheese, ham and cheese with fig spread, egg salad, chicken salad), English scones (cheese, ginger, orange cranberry), shortbread cookies, and of course a selection of tea.
For dessert I made phyllo cups with chocolate mousse and raspberries.
I found the recipe on Epicurious.com. I had made spanekopeta for dinner last week and needed something to do with the extra phyllo (do you say fee-lo or fie-lo?). The cups are 6 layers of phyllo brush with butter and sprinkled with sugar and hazelnut. The mousse recipe wasn't my favorite, but not bad.
(We found an easier recipe for phyllo that the kids loved this week. Put a line of Nutella along the side of a sheet of phyllo, roll up, brush with butter, and cook a few minutes. Easy and delicious. I liked a double layer of phyllo brushed with butter between. I would have taken a photo but they were devoured before I had the chance.)
Book club was lovely. Food and girl time is always nice. We had a bonus when Stephanie (fashion maven) invited us out to her car to go through the piles of clothes she was taking to consignment. Everyone went home with something new. I scored 6 scarves.
Thanks my dear friends. It was a wonderful evening. I'm looking forward to next time.
(blogger note: not sure I'm loving the app for longer blogs. The pics didn't insert where I tagged them, rather attached to the bottom. I'll have to go adjust on my computer. Also tedious typing all of this on my iPhone keyboard with one finger. This will be nice for shorter blogs with just one photo. )






2 comments:
How fun!!!
wow!..and double wow! Your menu is amazing!!! I feel honored to be related to you. :-)
Post a Comment