Monday, February 27, 2012

Red Carpet Wrap Up

I'm not able to finish a blog these days. I've got a couple started, but I needed to get the red carpet wrap up posted before it's too far in the past.  This year, it seemed everyone played it safe. No real disasters and nothing knocked my socks off. However, there were a lot of pretty dresses. Here's my take.

What I liked:
 Hooray for color!

 Mila was one of my favs.

 Pretty

Still loving that the trend for young girls is to cover up. George on the Fashion Police last night was talking about how the trashy look is out. Yay!

 She has looked great the whole award season and this was her best! I just wish she had a happier smile.
 
Julianna was one of my top picks of the night! Loved it.

This was Rick's top pick. This seemed to be the it dress of the night. I think the dress is fine, but I adore the girl. She was so cute in her interviews and I loved her in The Help.
 
Loved the color on her, loved that it had some shape and style. She did very well!

Another top pick for me. I love Michelle Williams. I think this dress fit her personality very well. Cute, quirky and feminine. It would have been my favorite except the back of the dress was bad!

I loved that she took a risk. This seemed to be the only unique dress on the carpet. Way to go Gweneth!


What I didn't like:
 Beach hair!  Come on girls, glam it up a little for the big show.  Liked the dresses though.

 
 All-sequin gowns. Not horrible, but none of these did anything for me. Kinda boring IMHO. Maybe they were better in person.

I adore Emma Stone and I don't hate this look, but the red hair, red dress and red carpet seemed too much. I like the style of the dress, but the bow seems like it is swallowing her. Apparently, she also faux pas-ed by wearing a dress similar to one made famous by Nicole Kidman in 2007.
 Ah yes, that is how it's done.

I'm so over these people:
 
Clooney- ugh. What happened to cute Doug Ross from ER. He seems so full of himself these days. The older he gets the younger his women get. Ick. Give me a handsome Hugh Jackman family man any day over Playboy Peter Pan.

 Brad and Angelina. I've never been much a Brad Pitt fan. I've liked Angie, mostly because I thought Lara Croft was fun, but it's not like she's Meryl Streep or anything. It's weird to me how they are almost worshiped. And why isn't everyone talking about how grossly skinny she has become? Her beauty is outweighed (no pun intended) by how unhealthy she looks.  

I thought her sticking her leg out for every photo was ridiculous. Makes her seem even more out of touch. Funny pics have popped up on the web since. Here are a few of my favs:




 
This one is by far my fav.
  
Worst dressed goes to:
Yikes. Totally J-Lo though. I'm also over her. I don't think it was flattering at all. She looked like the token tramp of the award shows. 

No comments: