It was a relaxing weekend. I was feeling sort of guilty for being lazy, but looking back, I think my body and mind needed a break from running around so much. Some re-group time was beneficial.
Friday evening we went to a friend’s wedding. Saturday morning Rick refereed a few basketball games and I cleaned the house. When he came home, we decided to bag skiing and our afternoons plans, and have a lazy Saturday. It was much needed.
Sunday was Fast Sunday. We didn’t have much planned and it was nice to spend the day at church and home. I felt very calm and self-reflective all day. I had some nice realizations about life. I have been stressed lately. We’ve had some pretty major trials and life has been hard that past few months. Through it all, I feel very secure. It’s so comforting.
I have spent a lot of my life studying happiness. I always think that if what I’m doing isn’t bringing me happiness then something needs to change. Often, what needs to change is my view of what will make me happy. I’ve had the belief that I can be happy regardless of my life circumstances. I have worked really hard to achieve this, and I think it’s much easier said than done. I felt profoundly happy on Sunday. While there are things going on in my life that are difficult, those things are not me. They are outside of myself and do not affect the security I feel with my sense of self and what is important to me.
I feel very happy knowing who I am and that I am working to handle everything in my life with integrity. This isn’t always easy. It is a process, but I am learning. Rick definitely enhances my happiness. I know whatever comes along we will support each other and work through it together. I never thought I could have such trust in someone and feel so supported. Rick enhances my happiness, but he does not make me happy. We have discussed how our relationship is so satisfying because we were both happy within ourselves before we met. We both have a strong sense of self so we aren’t looking for the other to provide us with something you have to find within yourself.
I didn’t intend to ramble on. I just wanted to write a short post sharing what a nice weekend it was and how good it was to realize my happiness in spite of what may be going on in my life. I love that I get to share my life with someone who has the same understanding. I hope we can help Zane and Isaac find the same stability in their lives. I don’t think happiness is something you can give to someone, but I hope we can point them in the right direction and give them a desire to find it within themselves.
1 comment:
Oh, I love this post. I couldn't agree with you more! When we have an understanding of this, we want our loved ones to have it too. I just wish sometimes that we could make that horse we have led to the water drink!
So happy for your happiness!
Love ya!
Post a Comment