I was kind of bummed because I thought all the girls were coming to my house for a slumber party Friday after the reunion, but they canceled earlier in the day. Rick came over after working late. (OK I haven't mentioned new-boyfriend-Rick on this blog because I just figure all of you are reading my other blog as well, but in case you haven't been keeping up on that new-boyfriend-Rick is my new boyfriend named Rick. haha) Sometime after 12:30 am, Rick and I were watching the finale of SYTYCD (was anyone else surprised at who won?) and Shelly called saying they'd twisted Carlos' arm to get him to the reunion and they all wanted to come see me. Really, nothing makes me happier when old friends want to see me as much as I want to see them! So about 1 am Shelly, Alisa, Carlos, Julie, Jane and Missy all showed up at my place. Poor Rick got an earfull of silliness as we all caught up, told stories and laughed. I loved reconnecting with everyone and it was especally great to see Carlos. Needless to say, it was a very late night.
Saturday I had play tickets in the afternoon (Big, The Musical at Hale Theater). I slept until show time. I then went and hung out at Shelly's for a bit. We thought we'd hit an early movie then a later dinner but I'm sure you all know what it's like when it's time to feed Sean (jk- sean). So, Shel and I just chatted a bit then met Sean, Alisa and family for an early dinner- Pizza Benders at Italian Village (I think I haven't been there since high school- definitely a weekend of reminiscing). After, Rick met us and we played Rock Band into the wee hours.
I seriously love my friends. Thanks for coming down (even though I know it wasn't for me). We'll have to have another CA rendezvous soon.
Oh good- photos. Backing up to last weekend in Boulder- I'm always getting on Erica because she doesn't blog. She uses the excuse that she doesn't have time. So I figured while I was there I'd take some photos of her kids and post them-- well now I understand. I didn't get time to snap any shots of her kiddos either. BUT she just emailed some photos of her cutie kids so I'll post those.
Here's the whole Dunford clan. The weekend we were there Dan took a couple of days off for their "family vacation". They spent one day at Rocky Mountian National Park and did some other fun local things for the weekend.
This is Matt and Ryan. They are so fun. Heidi and I went over Sunday morning and chatted for about an hour then went to Sacrament Meeting with them. At the end of their weekend, Erica asked Ryan what his favorite part of the weekend was (thinking it would be something from the family vacation weekend). Ryan said, "Hum... when Betsy and her sister came over." Love you Ryan!!
Twin babies Andrew and Grace.
3 comments:
I may have gotten an earful of silliness, but it was all great fun. What an enjoyable weekend and what fabulous friends.
...and not to be remiss, what a lovely family and such cute kids.
Such fun to see old friends...
I love that pic of Erickas kiddos. They are so cute. I keep thinking about how much fun our sisters trip was. I really enjoyed it. I love you guys! :)
Erica's kids are so dang cute :) Bummer I missed seeing them!
I'm glad you had so much fun with your old friends! Although Rock Band is fun no matter who's playing.
Post a Comment