Monday, June 11, 2012

Ride Reports

Ride 1
No pics with this ride. Saturday my parents called and wanted us to come see their new motor home. Rick and I had planned a road ride. We decided to combine the two. Instead of riding over the mountain to my parents we decided to ride around it with the possibility of riding over the top on the way home. It was a little breezy when we left, but it quickly picked up to very gusty winds.

I learned that I am a fair-whether biker! What a crazy ride. Trying to stay upright with the wind blowing you all over a busy road. Scary! When we were finally able to turn from the cross wind, we had a head wind that required riding in the lowest gear and peddling hard to move forward (ground was flat). It was a little more adventure than we had planned. We had my mom drive us home as the winds only increased as the day wore on.  

On the plus side, the motor home is very nice. :)


Ride 2
Tonight Rick and I took our mountain bikes to my favorite ride. We rode up Dry Gulch to the North end of the BST.  I thought I was in pretty good biking shape, but this humbled me. A steady climb up the canyon, which is totally worth the amazing view riding along above the Avenues.

 

Many people take "The Bobsled" down, but I am not ashamed to tell you that it scares me to death. Not my kind of trail. Plus, if I rode that down, I'd miss my favorite part of the ride which is riding down Dry Gulch. The rolling climb up makes for a lot of fun going down. Half way down I realized I had a goofy smile on my face. Must be having a good time.  

  
I loved introducing Rick to this ride and so glad he enjoyed it as much as I did! We've now done the northernmost and southernmost ends of the BST in SL valley.  We now just have to do everything in between to reach the summer goal. However, both ends are so much fun, it's going to be hard to leave them for other trails.

No comments: