Saturday, March 29, 2008

Netty Pot

I realize the cold and flu season is essentially behind us for the year, but I have to share with you all my love of my netty pot. It's saved me this past week. If you don't know what it is, it looks kind of like a little Alladin lamp but you put saline in it then pour it in your nostril and it washes out your sinuses. The first time I tried, I thought it was horrible and felt like I was drowning, but I figured out the only-breath-through-your-mouth thing and it is great. Sleep has been hard with the jet lag, then add on to it not being able to breath as soon as I lay down and it's been horrible. A few nights ago, I remembered about the netty pot. I am breathing easy now. Best invention ever! I highly recommend one for your medicine cabinet.

4 comments:

Mindy said...

where in the world did you get it? I think we all need one cause everyone has allergies down here!

Heidi P said...

I love it too! Its a little gross, but essential! Great for allergies too!!

Betty Grace said...

I got mine at the health food store. Actually, one of my sisters may have given it to me, but I've seen them at the health food store. They may have them at a drug store or pharmacy.

plainoldsarah said...

i just read about this for the first time on another blog - must be allergy season. or netty pot season.