I know I've blogged a lot this week, but I have to gush about the cutest movie I saw last night. Young @ Heart. It's a documentary about these old people who sing. Not just any songs though, it starts with them doing "Should I Stay or Should I Go"- and it just gets better from there. My favorite was a music video segment to The Ramones "I Want to be Sedated". Some of their songs are pretty funny considering their ages like "Golden Years" by Bowie. But they do all kinds of stuff including Cold Play, Prince, James Brown, Sting, and Sonic Youth - just to name a few.
Seriously, go see it. It's a great feel good flick, but take your tissues as you will cry in a number of places.
We lucked out and the group was in town this week and attended the show. They answered questions after the film. One cute lady had quite a bit to drink before the showing and was rambling on and talking over people. Hilarious! They really are amazing people and their director is a genius! I think it will be playing at the Broadway for another week or so. Don't miss it.
3 comments:
You and your indie films. This sounds cute! I would love to see it. It may have to be a girls night though! :)
They did a show on Radio West about them that I heard the day they were in town. I thought about going up to the show, but thought it was too late. Sounded cool.
Wow, that does sound like a very cool flick. Fun that you got to see them.
Post a Comment