Christy explaining the film to us, and Jon setting up the cameraMy friend Christy is making a short movie so a few of us went downtown this evening to be extras in one of the scenes. It was a lot of fun. We were the audience for an opera and did some group scenes and some close up reaction shots. I've always had a fantasy about being a movie extra- silly I know. But it was fun new thing to experience and cool to see how Christy and Jon worked. When it's finished we'll all get to see it then she will submit it to film festivals. I'm sure my "enraptured" face will wow 'em and my career as an actress is about to start. :)

Valerie, Kiera and me
5 comments:
That sounds so fun! I have always wanted to be an extra too!....well,..ok, I would rather be the star, but whatever...lol I can't wait to see you!
Extra terrestrial?
BTW Bets, I have to say, looking at your blog makes me so happy. Its so you. I almost can smell your apartment when I read it, it feels so you. NOT that your appartment smells, but you know what I mean :)
You always make me laugh "I'm sure my 'enraptured' face will wow them." Let us know when it's available so we can seek you out in your "extra" debut.
That is really great! Maybe the movie will Napoleon Dynamite and everyone will see your big screen debut!
My acting dream was to be a guest on Dukes of Hazzard playing the role of distant cousin to Bo and Luke Duke. I'd get to go on car chases with them and jump in and out of the General Lee through the windows and spy on Boss Hogg and throw Enis off the Duke's trail until they could raise the money to get an innocent person out of jail, or whatever.
Of course also in the dream was the fact that my acting would be so suberb and the role so endearing that they'd sign me up as a permanent part of the cast. And then that John Schneider would fall in love with me.
Post a Comment