Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Happy Birthday Katie

We had the annual slumber party for Katie's birthday last weekend. She chose her cousins as her friends to invite. We had a great time. Rick joined us for the evening. The girls prepared an interview questionnaire for him when he arrived. I told them they had my permission to embarrass him as much as they wanted. (Rick's a good sport about that stuff.) So the questions started off innocent, such as "What is your favorite color of hair on a girl?" and then turned into things like, "Which temple do you want to get married in?" They were pretty funny.

Then then proceeded to raid my closet and my Halloween wigs. They put on a fashion show/photo shoot for us. Rick and I joined in at the end- because who can resist a good wig!

This hat I made for a Kentucky Derby party a couple of years ago. I won first place!















I love this picture of Katie. She looks so angelic. That's my dress from Homecoming my senior year in high school.














See why I'm dating him- he looks great with big hair and cheesy mustache!









One good thing about this is I get to see some new ways to put together outfits from my closet. Thanks girls!







5 comments:

Stephanie F. said...

Love the last pic of you and Rick. Hot! (I just accidentally typed "Ho!")
Kasey had a lot of fun dressing up at your house. Thanks for being an awesome aunt!

Chardell said...

That looks like fun. We can't resist wigs either. I like to buy them on clearance when Halloween is over. I didn't recognize you in the last picture. I was thinking it was kind of awkward that Rick was doing that pose with one of your friends. Haha! You look great in wigs!

Heidi P said...

I can't believe how great all of you look with jet black hair and red lips!!? Very cute. You are so fun Bets! :)

Heather said...

I love that wig on you!

Darren Hintze said...

My kids love the excursions up to your place Bets!

Thanks again for having them!