Saturday, February 9, 2008

Ski Report

Ah, another fine day of cross-country skiing. It started with seeing two Bald Eagles and a deer- good omens. Not a lot of sun today, which worked out for me as I forgot my sunglasses. But the snow was great. Utah is getting snow this year like we did when I was a kid. I LOVE it! We've had no ugly, pollution filled, inversion, just white fluffy stuff and blue skies. And it's deep! I can't believe how the terrain changed up at Shingle Creek from when I was there a few weeks ago. I kept thinking branches were bending down because of the snow, then I realized it wasn't the branches that were lower, I was higher because of all the snowfall. There were more people there than usual today as well. Drunk ones and snowshoers who thought the ski trail was a good place to snowshoe- duh. In spite of the bone-heads, it was a great day.

No comments: