Monday, May 21, 2012

More of the Same


I was about to start this post the same way I start most every other post "It's been a busy and fun weekend". That seems to describe my life lately. I was looking back at the last several posts this weekend and it hit me how blessed I am to have such an enjoyable full life. Many Monday mornings at work while we are discussing our weekends my boss will say, "You never have a bad weekend, do you?" You know what, I rarely do. 

Reading some of my recent posts made me very consciously happy about my life. We've had some trials the past several months and I've struggled sometimes to not become depressed. I've had to consciously count my blessings and remind myself of how much I have to be happy about. It's nice to be back in an emotional space where it does not take as much effort to see that what I have greatly outweighs what I don't.

Now... on to the busy and fun weekend, which actually was a busy and fun week. The school year is coming to a close so we had a lots of events to attend. Here are a few...

Isaac's band concert. They sounded amazing! The improvement from the beginning of the year until now was very obvious. Isaac plays the trumpet and loves it.
Zane's regional track meet. He runs hurdles (obviously). He did well this year and seemed to enjoy it.
I know you're jealous of my mad photo skills. Nice framing of the pic, huh? 

Isaac's piano recital. He ROCKS on the piano. (as much as you can rock Bach)

This weekend Rick's niece, who is attending BYU, needed a break from campus life so she spent a couple of days with us. I loved having her around. She is a lovely person and such a novelty for me to not be the only girl around my house! We all took a little road trip to Antelope Island Saturday afternoon. It was beautiful. Perfect weather for a family bike ride.

 


Michelle and some buffalo. We also saw deer, antelope, an owl, lots of shorebirds and blackbirds, coyote, jack rabbits, and luckily not very many insects.

Zane, Isaac and Rick stopping to check out buffalo near the road.
We came home and ate chocolate covered frozen bananas, which we had made earlier. Yum!
Mine had dark chocolate, almonds, caramel drizzle and a little peanut butter granola.


I really enjoyed all the family time this weekend. I had so much fun on the bike ride with the whole gang. Usually Rick and I just ride by ourselves, but it was a fun dynamic having the boys with us and the added bonus of Michelle. Definitely contributed to my overall feeling of well being this week.

1 comment:

Marna said...

I've been craving chocolate covered bananas! Yours are awesome! I just sliced some of our very ripe bananas and put in a toothpick and dipped them in chocolate for an afternoon treat.... but caramel and granola- YUM!