Wednesday, January 30, 2008
New and Improved
I've been inspired by Jill. Everytime I go to her blog it's changed- new colors, new textures, new patterns, new photos. So now I'm new too. Not having the skill of Jill (ha rhymes), I opted for new colors, new layout, extended slide show and my favorite bird. That is the Blue-Crowned Motmot. I first saw them on the trip from Belize to Guatemala. Then, when I was in Spanish school in Costa Rica (nope, I didn't learn much Spanish, but I saw some great birds) they were everywhere. We'd sit at a table outside our cabin to study and the motmots would be everywhere. I love having that image in my memory-one of my favorite "daffodil" moments. Actually, I'm going to add another photo because they have a really cool tail. Two long, bright blue feathers. See....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Nice photo and great looking new blog Betsy! Love the colors to match the motmot. And I love the memories of studying on the patio table in Costa Rica ... remember our little doggie. (You are probably blocking that memory!)
No way, I'd never forget our little study pal, Oreo! Thanks Shari
Love the new look. Great colors and that is a very pretty bird. Did you take the pictures?
Wow! That is a beautiful bird. Aaron never posts a comment but he always checks out your blog. So let me just say that he is really going to like seeing a Blue-Crowned Motmot too.
One of the great things about Woodruff is spring time. There are tons of bald eagle nests up here. There is this one tree that has five and each year they all return.
Come to visit and we will show you all the bird from the marsh lands next to Bear Lake to the Mountains on Monti Crisco were the eagles like it.
Love the bird, blog-- Jill does have that blog scrapbooking thing down doesn't she?! I wonder what birds you will see in Malaysia. Hopefully you won't be served any...
Post a Comment