Friday, January 18, 2008
The new ward
I just came home from the first activity in the new ward. I sort of like being away from the singles ward. Such a different scene at the activity. Did I mention I'm the Activities Co-Chair? This is stressful as I feel I TOTALLY FAILED at this calling in the singles ward. I've decided to be excited about it this time around. First, it's not a singles ward. Ok maybe that is the only point that makes it not as daunting this time around. Maybe I learned from having the calling before. I just want to have fabulous activities that everyone loves. I'm letting go of that this time around. Less stressing, more fun. Also, I love my co-chair. We served in YW together last time I was in this ward. So, here is my plea for ideas. What are some fun activities your ward has done? Please share.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
At Easter time, our ward has a 5 k run and then a continental type breakfast. After that, the kids search for eggs outside if it's not raining and inside if it is. Each family has to bring 12 filled eggs per child. They let the small kids search before the older kids and when they find 12 eggs they are done.
I think it's not the grandeur of the activity, but the fact that it's something and brings people together. It seems like our activities are always well attended and having a bunch of friends there makes it fun too.
We had a really fun dinner theater in my old ward. About five ward members dressed up and acted out a murder mystery type show. We all dressed up in 20's style and were served a yummy steak dinner. At the end, we all had to guess WHO DONE IT! All the actors totally kept in charature which made it really fun. I could share more details with if your interested. Good luck!
We had a greek night, which at first I thought would be way LAME, but ended up being very fun! It was just for adults and the gym was decorated with columns, lots of lights, and ivy. the tables were around the outside with the center open (for the competition). They pushed the tables together in big squares so everyone had to be seated at one of 4 tables. 1 person was selected from each table and had to compete in a series of silly challenges. Each table had colored flags to root for their contender. We all wore togas too. The challenges were things like discus throw with a frisbee, ribbon dance (which is the only thing I can really remember since 3 of the 4 contenders just stood and twirlled the ribbon, but my husband came bounding out across the gym and did a big dance production, which is NOT like him at all). It was so much fun. We had greek food and a great time. I think we did it in the spring as well.
I think they are all correct. When you give lots of assignments then a lot of people come and it becomes fun. Speaking from a married and parent all ward activities are fun. It's a free date night.
Thanks for the email. I think I will try MI 5. I bet my neighbor has it.
Post a Comment