Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Sundance

I saw my first Sundance movie last week, Incendiary. I've always wanted to go to one, but for some reason (probably just plain laziness) have never gone to the trouble to research movies, get tickets, and face the zoo that I just assumed surrounded the festival. Also, I had heard horror stories of what people have ended up having to sit through. I love the indie films. In fact, the more I see, the less I seem to enjoy blockbusters- which I'm not sure is a good thing. I like being easily entertained by movies. I was (easily) talked into seeing this one because it starred Matthew Macfadyen and being a huge MI-5 fan, I couldn't resist seeing if Tom was ok after that dramatic exit Season 2. Interestingly, his character in the movie could have been Tom post MI-5 career.

Anyway, the movie was great. It wasn't a competition film, but a premier- meaning, I think, that it is already set for public release. It was easy to get tickets (thanks, Cyn), the movie was downtown (I even walked home), we didn't have to deal with movie stars and the whole "scene" (this was the 4th showing of the film at Sundance), the whole experience was enjoyable. The movie was entertaining and quite touching. It had a lot of substance, but not too much substance which is maybe what I've been afraid of with Sundance. :)

If you don't know who Matthew Macfadyen is you may recall him as Mr. Darcy in the latest Hollywood P&P movie. You can also click on the title of this entry to go to a tribute I found that someone posted on youtube. The images aren't really what I would have chosen, but the song they chose makes me laugh.

3 comments:

Afton said...

Lambchops never looked so good! (referring to the you tube video.)

Jill said...

Hey Betsy. I love the new look of your blog. It's fun to shake things up a bit. I am going to email you VERY detailed instructions on how to do what I did. Good luck. If they are too much for you..(as they were for me) my friend Shelley said she would be happy to help you. (she helped me) It's a bunch of HTML stuff, but it's doable!

Heidi P said...

How do you do a slideshow?!