Rick is working from home today, so this morning was my first solo ride into work. I decided to drive to the Trax station and ride from there. That way, if it's too hot this afternoon, I can take the train home or if I'm up for ride I can ride back to the Trax station (15 miles) and avoid the huge hill in the afternoon heat. Here's how the morning went.
I got my bike loaded and out of the house. I drove down the hill and realized I didn't have my phone. I considered not going back for it, but decided since I was riding alone, I should have it. So I turned around. I finally made it to the Trax parking, unloaded my bike and headed up the hill. At the top of the hill I realized I wasn't wearing my glasses. I figured I could ride without them, but then wondered if I'd left them sitting on my car. They are expensive sport glasses so I decided to go back for them. They were in the car.
I had a nice ride into work but when I arrived, I couldn't find the key to the building. I always keep a spare in my bike bag so I don't have to remember it every time I commute. It wasn't there. I had to wait for someone to come let me in.
I got in, stretched a little, cooled down and went in the bathroom to change. (I bring extra clothes to work the days I drive so I don't have to ride with a backpack.) When I started getting things out of my bag I noticed something vital missing- underwear! I can get through the day in my sports bra, but there was no way I could wear my black padded biking shorts under my tan pans all day.
I went and asked a co-worked if she wouldn't mind driving me to the Smith's Marketplace a few blocks away. I figured I could purchase something inexpensive to get me through the day. She happened to need a couple items as well. At Smith's I was in a hurry. I was stressed that I was taking her away from work as well as not being there myself. I grabbed the nearest items and went to the checkout. I was shocked when the checker said my total was $55. WHAT!
I came back and opted for the sports bra. I'll walk back to Smith's on my lunch to return the ridiculously expensive grocery store bra.
All this and it's not even 8:30 AM yet!
1 comment:
What a morning! Imagine if Jell-o was somehow part of this. Or a panther.
Post a Comment