Monday, July 9, 2012

Restaurant Review- Citrus Grill

Rick and I have been trying some new restaurants courtesy of Groupon. Last weekend it was Citrus Grill. We would have never known about this place without the Groupon. It's located in a little strip mall on 3300 South about 3000 East.

It's a casual atmosphere with both indoor and outdoor seating. The whole menu looked yum. They had a grilled cheese of the day. It was gorgonzola (?) and caramelized onion. We were both tempted.

Here's a link to the menu.

I settled on the Sesame Salmon and Rick got the Fish Tacos. The salmon had excellent flavor and was cooked perfectly. My only complaint was that the whole plate was covered in sauce which meant the roasted potatoes and green beans were covered in it.  The sauce was tasty, but it would have been nice to have some different flavors on the plate. Overall, I would order it again.

The server recommended the fish tacos as one of their top items. Rick said they were delicious. Our one complaint here is that they just bring you a plate of ingredients and you build it yourself. That is a pet peeve of mine. I go out to eat to have someone else prepare my food and am annoyed when I have to finish the job. Not fatal to the meal though, and we'd recommend the fish tacos based on flavor.

We shared a dessert and opted for the bread pudding. When it came we were stunned at the size; it was huge! It was also incredibly delicious. I'm not a fan of pecans, but they were big pieces so I just left them for Rick to enjoy. We took half of it home. It warmed up surprisingly well in the microwave for a treat with our movie the following night. I will crave this. Made me want to find some good bread pudding recipes to try at home.

Overall, I'd say you won't be disappointed if you give this place a try.

1 comment:

Afton said...

What about the jell-o?