In Feng Shui each part of your house/room holds a different energy representing different parts of your life. Putting specific things in those areas will, theorically, increase that aspect of your life. After I was done redecorating my condo, I realized there was a dying plant in my Love and Marriage Corner (it was alive right after the redecortaing but, with my brown thumb, it didn't look healthy for too long). I wasn't really buying into that creating dead energy in my love life and I didn't move it. But the idea was always in the back of my head.
One Friday I was shopping and decided to buy a new plant for the corner. It was lush and beautiful. Coincidentally, by the end of the weekend, I had three dates for the next week. I was sold on the whole Love and Marriage corner thing. About six months later, I was in an unhealthy relationship and, wouldn't you know it, the plant wasn't looking so good either. I ended the relationship and found great satisfaction in cutting up the dead plant to symbollicly get rid of his energy.
As a girl with a seriously brown thumb, I decided maybe a plant in the Love and Marriage corner (or really anywhere) was a bad idea. So I went with candles. A little romance, a little heat-- not bad things for a relationship. It hasn't served me too well. Back to the balance part of Feng Shui, the room is red and the fireplace is in that corner, so candles really put the fire element over the top. Plus someone told me unless they are beeswax or soy, they are toxic- nice. I've thought about putting a water element there to balance the room. I was told that I need some flowing energy for my love life. So I bought a little fountain for the corner and have spent months trying to find a stand for it. This weekend I finally got it all together. Here's what it looks like. (The colors aren't really true to life in this photo.)
It's not really what I was wanting. The motor on the fountain is louder than that water flowing. Also, the stand isn't really what I want. I decided I'm going to let it be for a while and see if it grows on me (which is really funny because that has been my attitude toward a lot of guys I've dated.) We'll see what it does for 1) the love life; and 2) the balance in the room.
4 comments:
I love the fountain and stand! I am a little nervous that it annoys you though, thats not how your dates should be. Lets find another fountain, I will buy it and trade you for that one. You should LOVE that corner and be excited about it!!
(this coming from your sis that is a little "woo woo" too.)
I agree with Heidi. I love the stand! Find a new fountain :) Asher loves the ones at Smith's.
I like this one at Overstock.com:
http://www.overstock.com/Home-Garden/Natural-Layered-Water-Fountain/2593129/product.html?
And shipping is just a $1. They have lots more fountains too, but i think that one goes better with your great stand. it's a little more organic. (OK, I don't know what that means, but it sounds good.)
Also, I'm still thinking of blog names. I like the idea. I'm going to send them in e-mail though.
i love all you've done with the corner - in the sense of really being aware and trying to get it just right. i want more feng shui in my life!
Post a Comment