Well, it was the last of my party hosting spree tonight. We had a great time. I'm so mad I forgot my camera. (I just stole some photos off of Cynthia's blog- thanks Cyn.)Cyn started chemotherapy a couple of weeks ago. I figured since she's going to be wearing a scarf or hat every day for the next few months, we needed to have a hat and scarf shower for her. So about 15 of us got together tonight to celebrate our Cynthia.
My place isn't very big, so I asked Liz Hale if we could do it in her condo commons room.
Liz makes everything so incredible. It looked beautiful. She bought Mrs. Baker's cupcakes with those big pink frosting flowers, and had the table and room totally decked out in the most tasteful and elegant way. We bought pink ribbon pins for everyone which we will all wear on the days Cyn has her treatments to show our support and connect with her while she's having the chemo. I have a few extras so anyone who couldn't make it and would like one, please let me know.People brought such thoughtful gifts. Lots of fun scarves and hats. Natalie gave her a few packs of darling thank you cards and postage stamps
she had made with a picture of Cyn and her dog, Addicus (see photo). Kiera gave her really nice fake eyelashes. Alex (all the way from Seattle) sent a cute hat she knit. Don contributed a tie dye hat he made. We threw in a couple of gag gifts/silly wigs. Just a really fun evening with some amazing women.
Here are the "girls in pink"
Laura, Betsey, Becca, Liz, and Kiera
Me and Cyn. Is it just me or does my head look extremely large in this photo???Here's the whole gang all decked out in Cyn's new wardrobe.
Thanks everyone for coming and thank you Liz and Laura for your help in putting it together. And thanks Cynthia for being an amazing friend and good example to all of us. I love you all!
2 comments:
Oh I am so glad it was so nice! I want to see some pictures! That is great, you guys are so fun & creative.
Where are all the guys? Not fair...
Post a Comment