Saturday, May 10, 2008

Ward Trip to Arches

Here are a few pictures from my ward Moab/Arches trip. This has stressed me out a bit since I was called to Activities in January. It ended up being pretty fun. The weather was OK- a little cool, but nice for hiking today. We did have a stormy, tent rattling night. There was also ample "topless" time (in the convertible), although we turned on the heater for a while because it was a bit chilly driving to the hiking trail. I managed to get a sunburn AGAIN. What a bonehead, did I not learn from diving in Sipidan two months ago, or all those other times I think I'm not out that long so I don't need sunscreen-duh!

Milo and friend in the ward- they were cute running around together all evening

Roasting marshmellows and apples over the fire.
Shortly after it started to rain and blow pretty hard. We had a fun "talent" show around the fire, but it broke up early as it was getting cold and wet.


This morning Jerry and Joe decided to go for a swim. It was NOT a warm morning, nor was it warm water. Silly boys!


Cute Brook and Linwood. They are on the Activities Committe and rode down with us.


Me, my tent. I think I have a lot in the front pocket of my sweatshirt and look sort of pregnant, which, if you were wondering, I am not. :)


You can't really see them, but that is Melinda, Brook and Linwood under the Arch.
.
All in all a good weekend. I would have liked to hike a little more, but it was good to get to know my ward better, and I think it was a fun weekend for everyone. ( Well except maybe the people whose tent blew down and broke in the middle of the night. )

6 comments:

Afton said...

So, is this where Rainbow Bridge National Monument is? I just helped (yeah right..."helped") Ethan with a report on Utah and we made an ABC book of Utah and 'r' was Rainbow Bridge. 'Y' was Young, Brighham because I really wanted 'b' to be Beehive. Well, I mean Ethan wanted it to be Beehive, becuase, like, it was his project.

Anyway, what a fun activity. Isn't this like the second activity in 2 months? Um, how many activities do you have planned? Our ward does 4 a year.

Heidi P said...

So that last comment about the persons tent breaking in the middle of the night is the exact reason I hate to camp!

Gald it was fun :)

Miss you today! Thanks for being such a great 2nd mom to my kids. We all love you so much!

Stephanie F. said...

Ditto Heidi's comment ;)

Chardell said...

Ward bonding is great! That sounded like a really fun activity. Nice job!

kat said...

what a cool ward activity. that is something that would be fun to go to! our ward has a couple of blow outs a year, but they mostly involve decorating the gym like crazy - not camping!

Crystalyn said...

NO WAY! You are the greatest ward activity person ever!!! I guess maybe other wards have a ward camping trip but I had thought that didn't happen anymore. Either way it's brilliant you planned one.