Saturday, May 17, 2008

Happiness

Wow, I L-O-V-E my road bike. I've been waiting all week for Saturday to get here so I'd have time for a ride. I'd actually been fantasizing about that little click when my shoe connects to the pedal. Although this morning I just wasn't feeling it. I had all that girly stuff going on that just made me want to sit in front of the TV all day watching B movies. But I couldn't look forward to it all week and then wimp out because of stupid cramps. (Is that TMI?)

That little click of my shoe was all I needed to change my mood. Funny how satisfying it is. I rode from my house to the top of City Creek, which on my mountain bike (now referred to as The Tank) would be end of summer fitness level. I've been a little awkward thus far with the transition from my old bike, but the whole road bike thing made sense today and seemed much more natural. For the first time I wasn't getting passed by everyone, which really made me happy.

The weather was perfect and when I started coming down I had a hard time not singing some Boingo at the top of my lungs with my ipod. I was tired at the top of the canyon but by the time I got back to my house, I wanted to keep riding. Yes, I think I'm going to like the road biking. Honestly, I can't imaging feeling any happier than that. (Is that weird? I feel kind of selfish that a couple of hours on my bike by myself is so satisfying.) It's going to be a good summer.

5 comments:

Mindy said...

THose endorfins (sp)can do wonders. Why not sing Boingo loud and strong? If you can still sing at the end of a workout you are amazing! I think we have passed onto the "too hot to do anything outside between 5am-5pm" stage in St. George. Have fun roaming the cool mountains.

kat said...

how fun. consider me officially jealous. i keep staring at my mountain bike longingly as it hangs from the ceiling in my garage.

the clicking in shoes deal still scares me. i'm always afraid that i would tip over and my feet would stay stuck in there.

Afton said...

I have a hard time not signing out loud to Boingo too...and I don't have to be exercising. Anytime it comes on my iPod I have to restrain myself. Unless I'm vacuuming and it's just the kids in the house...then I let loose.

Afton said...

I have a hard time not signing out loud to Boingo too...and I don't have to be exercising. Anytime it comes on my iPod I have to restrain myself. Unless I'm vacuuming and it's just the kids in the house...then I let loose.

Heidi P said...

Wow, reading that just made me happy too. :)
I would be totally stoked if I was on a walk and someone passed me on their bike and was singing with their IPod.
BTW, not TMI, made the story even better to be so happy at the end ;)