Tuesday, July 22, 2008

My New Favorite Post

I love this idea as reminiscing is one of my favorite things! Here's the deal:

1. As a comment on my blog, leave one memory that you and I had together. It doesn't matter if you knew me a little or a lot, anything you remember!

2. Next, re-post these instructions on your blog and see how many people leave a memory about you. It's actually pretty funny to see the responses. If you leave a memory about me, I'll assume you're playing the game and I'll come to your blog and leave one about you.

12 comments:

Heidi P said...

I remember being 6 or 7 watching you put on makeup, and listening to Wham, and Thompson Twins- wishing I could be just like you when I got older.

Funny how that hasn't changed! :) Love you Bets!

Stephanie F. said...

Remember when we were in Alaska and that guy was leaning over the back of his truck and you said, "he has a really nice...." and then paused because you couldn't think of the word cooler.
And just the other day how you said you wanted to watch a movie in a nice cold theater and I thought you said nice cold beer.
I love how we still quote silly things we made up, like feet heet.
And... chips & salsa.
I really love how silly we can all be together. I hope we never "outgrow" it.

Afton said...

Memories coming too fast...can't pick one...must focus...

The Steve Young paper doll with clothes from the J Crew catalog...

Driving and sliding on the ice in AK and you saying, "take your foot off the brake! take your foot off the brake! you're over correcting! you're over correcting!!!!

You telling me about the cookie shute and "hog sue, hog sue, hog SUE!"

You telling me that you will never eat canned salmon, but not giving me really specific details and me always thinking it was maggots, but you saying it wasn't.

Me and you talking in the kitchen of your old Sandy family home and I guess we were talking fast because Heidi looked at us and said, "I can't understand a word either of you are saying."

You getting your tonsils out and being so miserable post surgery you wished you'd never done it.

plainoldsarah said...

for me it would be sitting on your couch telling dating stories. but i think even earlier i remember admiring your clothes/jewelry/shoes in rs and thinking "she's cool and lynn says so too" i hope i get to know her better.

and i really remember going to lunch last summer and you gave me that beautiful silver bracelet - thank you again for arranging for the gifts that still touch my heart. i am blessed.

Scully said...

When you drove the boat for Allison up at Bear Lake and I thought (again), "Wow. She's so cool!" Also your gift of the custom essential oils. So incredibly thoughtful. Even though I think mine turned me into a charity case magnet. I need more practice using it:)

Anonymous said...

HI Betsy too many wonderful memories..., but a darling little girl dressed in homemade clothes that I thought were so cute and singing songs and dancing when you were only 2. Just the beginning of all the neighborhood plays which were joyeous times. I still love your singing and dancing. Mom

Mindy said...

Most of my memories with you involve Grandma and Grandpa Hintzes house. My favorite is the fourth of July and meeing you and your family there and having grandmas yummy pink popcorn. The parade was also way fun with all us cousins and your dad and Raymond would make fun of the floats...good times. I guess not really make fun of the floats but say funny things about them.

Chardell said...

One memory I have of you is when your family invited me to your ward talent show. You and Stephanie were going to do a tap routine in shiny gold costumes and you insisted on a quick practice in the driveway despite Stephanie's mortification. I loved your confidence and talent!

Betty Grace said...

Ha ha. that was probably more about embarrassing Stephanie. :) These are fun. I so don't remember a lot of this stuff. Thanks for playing everyone!

Heidi P said...

MOM COMMENTED!? What? I guess your the favorite daughter..

Jill said...

I am a bit behind but I have a memory. It's mostly an experience. When I was trying to set you up with "a certain someone" I know it didn't work out between you two, but it helped us become closer and I am so happy for that!

Anonymous said...

Hey Jill- me too. The date that never happened was just so we could start sending silly emails about it and become friends. :)
Betsy