Then we did the annual triathlon. Twice around the block on a bike, once on foot, then slip and slide across the finish line. Here's a bike/run transition.
Megan and Joe Roth were the big winners. How cute are they! Here's Megan crossing the finish line and getting a hug from Joe. Then they did a unison victory slide! (nice form Megan!)
Then inside for a hearty breakfast. We had about twice as many people as we thought; it was a total fish and loaves situation. We had egg casseroles, Ikea cinnamon rolls, fruit, bacon and juice.
Next was the family reunion. It was great to see everyone, especially all of you fellowing blogging cousins IRL. I didn't take many photos and a lot were with Steph's camera. Here are a couple.
This is the cake I made. Lemon cake with whipped cream frosting, strawberries and blueberries.
A few of the kiddos
We did the big slip and slide down the hill. A few of "big kids" (adults) made it off the end.
Here's video of Asher going to down.
After the party we headed to the Stadium of Fire. Sorry, no pics of Miley. :) Actually, I had never heard any of her songs. It wasn't as teeny-bopper as I thought it would be. The kids really liked it. The fireworks were great.
Here's video of Asher going to down.
After the party we headed to the Stadium of Fire. Sorry, no pics of Miley. :) Actually, I had never heard any of her songs. It wasn't as teeny-bopper as I thought it would be. The kids really liked it. The fireworks were great.
One fun thing about it was where we parked. Kasey's friend came with us and her aunt offered to let us park in her driveway. The house ended up being right behind Grandma and Grandpa H's old house. It was so fun to walk by and see people there having dinner in the yard and doing fireworks in the circle just like we used to every year growing up. Then that walk from their house to the stadium is so familiar and reminiscent of 4th of July and football games. Steph and I were telling the kids about it, and they didn't really care, which reminded me of when we were kids and mom & dad would take us around Provo to show us their old houses and we thought it was boring. Ya dad, I get it now. :)
Saturday I slept in- it was fabulous. Then went for a bike ride - mistake. My hand was almost better and I thought if I kept changing my hand position and making sure my shoulders and neck were loose it would be OK. I realized at the TOP of City Creek Canyon that I didn't have the strength in my hand to use my brakes or shift. Not a good thing to discover as you're starting down. It was an adventure, and now my hand is all numb again. I guess I need to stay off my bike until it heals.
I FINALLY bought new mattress and TV (yay joined the HD world) yesterday afternoon. I know I think I've blogged three times that I bought them, but it just never quite worked out. They are actually paid for this time, although the mattress won't be delivered for a week and I could not figure out how to hook up the TV (I miss dad!). I ended the day with dinner and movie with a friend (Thai food and the Broadway theater). Not a bad holiday weekend.
Saturday I slept in- it was fabulous. Then went for a bike ride - mistake. My hand was almost better and I thought if I kept changing my hand position and making sure my shoulders and neck were loose it would be OK. I realized at the TOP of City Creek Canyon that I didn't have the strength in my hand to use my brakes or shift. Not a good thing to discover as you're starting down. It was an adventure, and now my hand is all numb again. I guess I need to stay off my bike until it heals.
I FINALLY bought new mattress and TV (yay joined the HD world) yesterday afternoon. I know I think I've blogged three times that I bought them, but it just never quite worked out. They are actually paid for this time, although the mattress won't be delivered for a week and I could not figure out how to hook up the TV (I miss dad!). I ended the day with dinner and movie with a friend (Thai food and the Broadway theater). Not a bad holiday weekend.

5 comments:
Bummer you hurt your hand again. Thank goodness for your acupuncturist!
Mmmm...Your star cake was heavenly.
Betsy, Here I am, commenting! Thank you SO much for all of your hard work on the 4th. I know we left you guys with quite a lot of clean up to do. Plus you did all of the set up AND made an amazing cake. I was so impressed. You really are inspiring. You live your life to the FULLEST! Thanks for your great example.
I'll try to comment more!
Sarah
It was fun to see everyone this week end. You did a great job on the party. Thank you.
I have never heard of such an odd biking injury...good luck in healing.
I'll send you pictures soon! Asher was so stoked to see that video, with you could've witness his expression :)
Love you! Thanks for the fun weekend!!!
I'm surprised you didn't mention the crazy mother/daughter relationship we witness at SofF ;)
I'm sorry your hand is still out of commission. What a busy fun weekend!
Post a Comment