Here's one of my most embarrassing moments. Last year Steph and I took a road trip to Colorado (turning out to be an annual trip-yay). We had just returned to the car after going to dinner with Kat and Erica. I started the car and noticed Stephanie was looking at me in horror. She kept saying, "Open your door!" She finally told me there was a huge spider on the headrest behind me. I freaked and jumped out of the car forgetting that I had just put it in gear. The parking lot was pretty empty but the car started rolling toward the only car near us. I didn't know what to do. I couldn't get in the car because of the spider but didn't want my friends or my car to crash. So I was running along side of it completely perplexed. I finally jumped in about the time someone pulled the e-brake. We were laughing so hard, except Kat who was beside herself with the idiocy of someone jumping out of a moving car because of a spider. Her ranting made the rest of us just laugh harder. I'm sure I'll never live this down, but I'm sure some of you understand.
Back to last night. I went in the room and there was this enormous spider- the hairy, jaggedy kind that look like they could bite your finger off (OK, it was tiny, but ugly). I calmly (relatively speaking) got some tissue and disposed of the little guy. I just didn't want to freak the kids out. So, what did we learn from this? A house full of screaming children is more scary to me than a spider. I wonder if I can find something that freaks me out more than ferris wheels.
Here are some photos from the slumber party.
Asher spent most of his time at my house sorting superballs. He worked so hard, I felt bad having them clean them up. They didn't seem to care though.
The new children's museum is a huge upgrade from the old place. I highly recommend it. I didn't take too many photos, but it had a lot of cool things to do.
Here are the kids on the moon. :)
8 comments:
Oh, I was crying from laughing so hard reading that. Too funny!
You are the most awesome aunt. My boys had SO much fun!
I have gotten a lot braver with spiders since having kids.
I was laughing so hard! I can't believe you were brave enough to use a tissue. The story of the car was so much further enhanced by your friend's ranting. So funny!
I think I win for being the most afraid of spiders...I even hate the little plastic spiders.
Those are cute pics. Will said in his prayers last night "and bless we had a fun time with Betsy". :) Thanks again!!
I would have jumped out too! I hate spiders. I'm proud of you for being brave enough to kill the one in your house. I would have probably made my nephew do it! :)
We had very large wolf spiders when we lived on San Juan Island. Holy Cow! We also had a daylight basement and the kids rooms were down there and if one of them woke up in the middle of the night and I had to go down there, well... Let's just say I was pretty sure Shelob from LOTR was down there.
Also, I'd suck them up with the vacuum cleaner, then I would have to put tape over the hose attachment because I was pretty sure it was going to crawl out with a vengence.
That story is so funny! I wish there were a hidden camera capturing the whole thing! I hate spiders too!...do you know of anyone who actually likes the little buggers? I can handle small ones,..and I'm not really afraid of huge one's, like trianchulas..(sp?), but it's the big to mid-sized ones that really get me! BLAH!
BTW..you are the worlds best aunt!
You are too funny. I can almost see myself jumping out of a moving car due to a spider. Oooh how I abhor those terrible beasts.
Here's a terrible but true spider story for you:
http://continuingfamilysaga.blogspot.com/2008/01/atrocious-recollection.html
I wish my nieces and nephews lived close enough to come spend the night! Fun times. I miss you, by the way!
Post a Comment