Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Allergy Remedy

I know a lot of you have posted about seasonal allergies. Mine hit last week. Not to jinx anything, but I think I've found some natural ways to control them. I went to my friend, Kelly, who does electro-dermal testing. She gave me a remedy to use. She also suggested taking extra Vitamin-C during allergy season as it is a natural anti-histamine. I went to Whole Foods and was asking the person there which C I should take. She said that you need one with bio-flavinoids, specifically quercetin, for allergies. So I ended up getting a highly absorbable vitamin C to take often throughout the day, then a quercetin with C (found in the allergy section) to take between mealtimes. It's worked great! I've sneezed maybe twice today. In years past, I've taken Nettles (dried stinging nettle leaves) and it's helped. I found them at the health food store. There are a few kinds and Kelly tested me for which kind I needed. It's worked really well before, but this year it didn't help as much. I'm not sure why.

7 comments:

Stephanie F. said...

I'm commenting just so you know I'm reading your blog. I have nothing interesting to say :)
Well, I am glad you found something to help your allergies.
I love you!!!!

Jill said...

Thanks for the tip! I will totally do that!

Heidi P said...

Wow, I will pass this onto Jairon. Kelly is awesome too. I need to go see her. Does she blog? She should. Does she read this, she should, since we are giving her props.

Mindy said...

Thanks for your encouraging words on my weightloss post. It is stinky that weight comes off slower as we age. Especially since one and a half years ago I went on weight watchers and lost 20 lbs in 3 months...so what ever age thing hit..it hit within the last year! So is this just over the counter iodine? Like the stuff you put on scrapes to clean wounds?

Mindy said...

I got the basket from a place I go to called "dream dinners" you pre order meals off the computer and then go in and they have everything all set up in stations and you just go and prepare the meals and take them home and freeze them till you need them....they are sooo good. Thats where we went for my "sister saturday" and a lot of the pictures are of us there. The owner had a big party today and I went and they called me telling me I won. I will try that iodine thing....I am getting desperate.

Mindy said...

So what does Cher weigh now with her 30 lb weight gain? 110?

kat said...

man. i'm ready to try the vit C after sneezing and blowing snot all day!