**READ PREVIOUS POST FIRST**
Ok, my sisters posted some fun favorite SM quotes on the comments including some links. Here are some youtube videos I found.
It's doesn't get much better than this- Steve Martin AND tap dancing- a song from Singing in the Rain no less!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hwsPcn4381g
This is some early magic/comedy that he talked about in his autobiography
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mtbWMDRxLLY&feature=related
Here's one of the links from Steph- Steve playing the banjo. Is there anything he can't do!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1jn3KCZEqxc
Another great quote (that I relate to) from LA Story
There's someone out there for everyone - even if you need a pickaxe, a compass, and night goggles to find them.
And one from Three Amigos
In a way, each of us has an El Guapo to face. For some, shyness might be their El Guapo. For others, a lack of education might be their El Guapo. For us, El Guapo is a big, dangerous man who wants to kill us. But as sure as my name is Lucky Day, the people of Santa Poco can conquer their own personal El Guapo, who also happens to be *the actual* El Guapo!
Ok, one last one. Here is part of the monologue from the end of Shop Girl.
As Ray Porter watches Mirabelle walk away he feels a loss. How is it possible, he thinks, to miss a woman whom he kept at a distance so that when she was gone he would not miss her. Only then does he realize that wanting part of her and not all of her had hurt them both and how he cannot justify his actions except that...well... it was life.
Alright, I'll return now to my regular, (semi) unobsessive self. :)
8 comments:
Wow, he is a really good tap dancer!
Did you see this one of his Michael Jackson impersonation:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YH7KIWmQDLo&NR=1
very impressed! now you HAVE to marry him.
First, each time I've read the title of your last two posts, my first thought was not of Steve M, but of another Steve, I think you know who I'm talking about.
Second, I love the tap dance clip. I am reminded of a time when Steve hosted SNL during a cameraman strike (?) and said he was so disapointed because he'd planned a big tap dance number, but since they didn't have a camera man, they had to set the camera and keep it in one spot. So he said he wasn't going to let something like a strike keep him from entertaining, so he went ahead with the tap dance, but you couldn't see his feet. The shot was just from the waist up. He did lots of dramatic upper body moves and other bits of comedy gold.
I can't find the clip on you tube, so my sub par description will have to do. Trust me though, it was HI-larious.
I thought of that SNL too when I put the tap dancing link up there.
In my flashback Friday I almost posted another window we painted feature the paper doll you made me of the "other Steve"
I love Steve Martin too. The movies my family quotes the most from are Three Amigos and Princess Bride (although I do realize Steve Martin is not in Princess Bride)
Isn't it funny that the Hydes quote the same movies as us? Us Hintzes have great humor...
i just finished 'born standing up.' excellent read. interesting, entertaining, and touching. just what i needed.
and i love the el guapo quote. one of the greatest.
"And I caaan't stand 'em" !!!!
SINGING IN THE RAIN FOREVER!!!
Our whole family is into this film! It is sooo hard to pick a favorite scene so I'll choose 2:
Moses supposes and Make 'em laugh.
Love your site Betsy!!
Post a Comment